We offer the following services to help your writing dreams become a reality.
Conceptual – Wanna be a Writer?
Have an idea for a book – fiction or non-fiction?
We’ll work with you to discuss your ideas, help shape them and devise an action plan to get you to Chapter 1 and beyond.
We’ll give you templates and checklists to get you underway in our Wanna be a Writer package.
At this stage we undertake a thorough look at your manuscript and critique it for:
- Characterization/Character Arc
- Goal, Motivation, Conflict
- Correct point of view
- Showing not telling
- Genre specific/appropriate
- Believable dialogue
- Balance between narrative and dialogue
- Scene descriptions
Here we go over your work checking it for the following:
- Consistency (American or British English)
- Sentence construction (including elimination of unnecessary words) – syntax, tense, overuse of clichés, adverbs, purple prose)
- Style sheet used correctly, if applicable
- Style guide, where appropriate, used correctly
This is the last step to be undertaken when the manuscript has been through the above stages and checks typos in spelling, punctuation, grammar and spacing only.
To ensure we give you the best rate possible we will critique:
- For a word count up to 60,000 words, your first 20 pages for FREE plus five pages from the middle of your manuscript
- For a word count over 60,000 words, your first 30 pages for FREE plus ten pages from the middle of your manuscript
then provide you a price estimate.
Romance Writers NZ or USA and San Diego Writers and Editors Guild may receive up to 10 percent discount after initial manuscript assessment.