What we’ve been doing
- Co-authoring from Afar – Public talk at Bonita Library, San Diego, 2018
- Editing Untangled – Workshops, San Diego, 2019
What workshop participants have said:
“Well done, comprehensive, relevant.” Dr Adolpho Sanchez
“I really liked the presentation! Good speakers, good sense of humour. Lots of helpful details pulled from the speakers’ experiences. Very down to earth, and willing to share knowledge and answer questions.” John Yamada
Robyn and Bob are experienced speakers and trainers who can speak on a wide-ranging number of topics:
- Why you need an editor
- Types of editing
- What’s an editor going to do for you?
- How to choose an editor
- Writing 101
- Building your story from rough notes to a final manuscript
- Developing characters, plots, settings and scenes that will pull your readers in and hold them till “The End”
Adding Visual Impact to Your Story
Using the five senses to build characters, settings and scenes that jump off the page and put your readers in your story.
Incorporating Travel in Your Writing
How to make your readers want to catch the next flight to places you take your characters to, whether you’ve been there or not.
Book Covers and Descriptions
- How to make your cover tell your story
- Creating descriptions that pull readers in, make them want to open the cover and learn more.
Sex in Your Novel
- From a gentle meeting of the lips to hot steamy sex
- What works, what doesn’t
- How much is too little and how much is too much
Humor in Your Novel
Successfully brighten your story with humor without going overboard.
- Self-publishing advantages and disadvantages
- Steps from cover to content
- Where to find what you need to know and get help
- Pitfalls, do’s and don’ts
- Self-publishing houses
Co-authoring from Afar
Co-authoring stories with half a world and two languages in between.
Marketing and Advertising
- Understanding the difference between marketing, advertising, establishing your platform, and the elements of each
- Things you must do
- Social media: friend or foe?
- What works and what doesn’t
- Picking your topics
- Becoming a subject expert
- Engaging your audience
- Reading your audience
- Presentation material and handouts
- The changing world of small business
- Getting your business off the ground with a business plan
- Making your business work
- Writing is a business
- Write clear, concise and condensed minutes
- Structure minutes so those all important actions are completed
Contact us for availability and our fees. We’ll help your conference be awesome!
Developmental editing – answered many questions. Explained a lot of things. I liked the examples and hear others’ writing. Anna Wheeler
This class was exceptional. Motivating, so informational. Thank you Bob and Robyn. Cheryl Lendray